Monday, November 06, 2006

OCI, the conclusion.

Anyway, in the end, I got a job through OCI, and I'm all happy with it.

Total hours expended on OCI (18 applications, 8 screening interviews, 4 callbacks, 1 offer*): about 100. This does not include a day's decompression time for each callback interview.

Here's my OCI advice:
  • Buy a suit you like, and that expresses your personality. (Yes, such a thing is possible.) Because if you have to spend hours wearing something you hate, it will suck.
  • By the 18th or 20th time, your answers to questions like, "Why did you go to law school?" will not be fresh. Accept this.
That's it.

And yes, there is a post to be written comparing OCI and dating via the personals.



*The first offer I got was from the firm I liked far more than the others. I contemplated it for a few days, then accepted and called the other firms to let them know so they could cross me off their list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.