Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Which fig ice cream recipe is the best? This one is.

It's called "Miss Margaret's Homemade Fig Ice Cream," and it's located at Texas A&M's PLANTanswers, a gardening site run by Texas A&M. You can trust southerners to have mindblowingly great recipes for high-fat foods. I'm going to check out the other recipes at the site for sure. Just FYI, you could probably omit the lemon juice (or half it), you probably don't need to whip the cream, and you need to cool the custard before mixing it with the figs. I did that by pouring it into a big Tupperware and leaving it in the freezer for 10 minutes.

I suspect this fig ice cream recipe is also good, mainly because it claims to be an old Louisiana recipe, and because it calls for some vinegar, which figs need. It's also low fat. However, it requires cooking a sugar syrup to the thread stage, and that was just too much for me tonight.

3 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, August 28, 2006, Blogger CM said...

Hi. I just went back and read most of your archives. I think the horrible date post was my favorite. (I'm only telling you this because every once in a while, I notice someone has read my archives and I wonder who.)

 
At 11:45 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger djpoptart said...

This sounds delicious. Custardy, even.

 
At 11:46 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger djpoptart said...

This sounds delicious. Custardy, even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.