Thursday, March 23, 2006

If I wanted to order shoes, I'd be at the computer right now.

Last week I went to my favorite comfort shoe store to maybe buy some new Dansko clogs, maybe not, putter around, see what's there. I ask to try on a couple of pairs of shoes, but they don't have ANY of them in my size in black. They have other colors in my size, and bring them out for me to try on. I ask when they'll have black in stock, and the gal says "I don't know. I can order them for you." Um, no. I realize that retailing in the Internet age has got to be a bitch, but this happens to me every time I go to this store, and it's ridiculous. I consciously go to this store rather than Zappo's because I want them to stay in business. But you've got to meet me halfway folks.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

i *always* have this problem. whenever i go to a shoe store, they never have my size. this is particularly a problem when i go to buy running shoes. i always end up having to go to every store in town before i find a pair that feels right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.