Sunday, March 05, 2006

Heath Ledger was robbed!

I'm sorry, I saw "Capote," and Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance was strained and actory. He was sending two messages: 1) "I'm Truman Capote, man!" and 2) "Look at what a good acting job I'm doing! Watch me act! Watch me act! Ooh, I'm an actorrrrrr!"

Heath Ledger, on the other hand, was transparent and heartbreaking. Maybe he made it look too easy?

Michelle Williams was robbed too, and probably for the same reason--she completely inhabited her character. It didn't look like she was acting.

Idiots. Was this some kind of political bullshit? Even Ang Lee didn't thank his fucking actors. Are they in trouble or something?

And as for Best Picture, don't even get me started on "Crash," which was complete LA cliche tripe, like some kind of inbred degenerate bastard child of "Magnolia" and "Grand Canyon."

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree, except that Maria Bello should have been nominated. And Crash sucked to high heaven.

 
At 9:54 AM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was completely predictable that the Academy wouldn't give Brokeback Mountain anything other than a "token" award, but what happened to Good Night and Good Luck? This is why I haven't watched it in years. It doesn't mean anything anymore, except to themselves.

 
At 6:36 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger ohplease said...

I'd like to make clear that I didn't see Crash voluntarily. I saw Crash on a bad personal ad date, where I probably lost points for being a snot and making fun of the movie. It was like some kind of evil genius made a compendium of every trite way to represent LA on film. How could I not remark on that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.