Thursday, December 29, 2005

Do you think she was trying to pick me up?


Today Ms. S and I went to the fabulous Olympus Korean Spa (the Tacoma location) and soaked and sweated and had our dead skin scrubbed away by a Korean gal wearing demonically abrasive green mitts. I found my scrub mildly embarrassing--they really go to town with those mitts, and my scrubber was actually flinging around little clumps of soggy dead skin.

Anyway, pre-scrub I was soaking in the mineral pool and this woman came in, asked me about my tattoo, then lamented the fact that Olympus doesn't have a motel attached. I said something like "I was just happy to see they had a restaurant." We engaged in a little bit more lame chit-chat, then she got out of the pool, revealing a not-very-well-executed tattoo of a split-tailed mermaid/siren thingy on her lower back with the tails uncurled and and spread on either side of her (the woman's) ass crack. The mermaid in the tattoo was also wearing a woman-symbol necklace. Just to avoid any confusion.

(And for more on the mermaid, siren, sheela-na-gig, and the Starbucks logo, see this and this.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

i think i just have no shame. no...i close my eyes during the scrub, that's it. when you close your eyes you don't see the clumps of dead skin, so you don't know to be ashamed.

i saw that chik with the mermaid tattoo...

 
At 12:49 AM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

oops, i meant embarrassed, like you said. (catholic past, rears its head from time to time...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.