Thursday, September 29, 2005

Accident prone

Does everyone else go through phases where they're abnormally accident prone? This week has been a doozy for me.

First, Sunday night I nearly lobotomized myself on the corner of a kitchen cabinet door. I still have a sore spot right above my forehead, in my part.

Then, Tuesday night, while walking back to my car after having had 1.5 beers at the Elysian, I caught one of my goddam Dansko clogs on a piece of uneven sidewalk and fell right down. I think injury was prevented only because the large amount of carbon dioxide expelled by my swearing created a kind of air cushion, slowing my descent. (Plausible, right?)

Then, Wednesday morning while putting my book bag into my carpool buddy's car, I bonked my forehead on the protruding end of his snowboard rack. It still hurts.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would note only that those goddam racks on the tops of cars are lethal. Speaking from (near-)experience, I mean.

I'm wondering whether you might not be able to leverage your new legal skills and start some civil suits against entities that, for example, negligently permit dangerously uneven sidewalks to be tripping people up.

 
At 4:19 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger ohplease said...

Or maybe it's all just a metaphor for "learning the law makes my head hurt."

There would definitely be some contributory liability issues in the fall, seeing as how I drank the 1.5 beers and all, even when their alcohol content was clearly posted on the bar's menu...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.