Wednesday, September 28, 2005

OK, this is also weird and annoying.

I got this email today from our LexisNexis rep:
To celebrate the start of a new school year, Lexis is going to have a September point blowout. Every student who emails me at [email address] their search history by Friday, showing me 30 cases pulled up this month will receive

200 points!

If you are unsure how to access your history page, let me know, otherwise, good luck!

Some background: I get free LexisNexis and Westlaw through the skool. (Free = paid for by my tuition, I suppose.) LexisNexis has some kind of reward points program for law students where the more you use LexisNexis, the more points you get. Points are redeemable for things like Starbucks cards, iPods, and liquor. (OK, not liquor: study guides. Damn.) I guess the point is to encourage you to use LexisNexis rather that Westlaw, and to get you used to using LexisNexis a lot, so that when you get a job and you're no longer at the unlimited LexisNexis buffet that is law school, you'll PAY a lot.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this points offer is geared toward folks at schools NOT on the quarter system, who have been in class more than three days at this point.

And the question is: as a crabby law student, should I email my LexisNexis rep to whine that it's just not fair?

Not likely.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.