Monday, January 01, 2007

That goddam Mike tagged me with a meme...

...and since I've just drunk an entire bottle of champagne, I'll oblige.

(BTW, I've finally figured out I don't like champagne--too yeasty. I prefer prosecco.)

The meme is "FIVE THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME," which reminds me of "Two truths and a lie," which my old work team used to use as an ice-breaker. I once "won" two truths with the following statements:
  • I was music direcctor at my college radio station.
  • In high school, I was vice president of the math club.
  • [Some forgettable, yet seemingly in-character lie that I honestly can't remember right now.]
Everyone thought the math club thing was the lie, because (1) Who's that big of a geek? and (2) What the hell math club needs a vice president? Little did they know...

Anyway, 5 things you probably don't know about me, but which are entirely in character:
  1. I spent my New Year's Eve at home, alone, cleaning madly, throwing things away, and drinking an entire bottle of champagne by myself. However, due to my solo drunkenness, I still have laundry to fold.
  2. I like fruitcake. I especially like fruitcake with champagne (or prosecco). My favorite part of any fruitcake is the candied citron, and some years, I make my own fruitcake, which is surprisingly expensive what with all the liquor and candied fruit. I have a vague intent to some year make not only my own fruitcake, but my own candied fruit. This would require starting the fruitcake process in August or September.
  3. I can squaredance.
  4. I know all the words to "You're So Vain."
  5. I kind of want to go skiing. For the first time since what? 1988??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.