Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Surprisingly effective, but not particularly classy.

Those of you who know me may recall that my kitchen has no heat. Or maybe you don't. Anyway, no heat in the kitchen.

We're having a bit of a cold snap here, so drafts from the unheated kitchen have been making the living room miserable. My solution? Hang an old wool blanket in the kitchen door to block the draft. I figured this would help a little.

I was wrong--it's totally effective! It's something like 72 degrees in the living room and 38 in the kitchen. Yeah, it looks trashy, but wow!

Blankets: they do a very good job of keeping things warm. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.