Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Ethicist

Dear Ethicist:

A few months ago, I cancelled my Sunday NYT subscription because I'd found the magazine deadly dull for several weeks and I was sick of seeing all those smug rich people in the wedding announcements. However, for the past four weeks, the NYT has appeared on my front porch every Sunday, just as if I had a subscription. I've checked my credit cards, and I haven't been charged. In the past, the NYT subscription weasels have annoyed me by calling me up to four times a day to see if I wanted to upgrade to 7 days a week, and they've also failed to credit me for a few missed papers. Should I call and tell them about the mistake?

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, January 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.

-- Mike

 
At 2:17 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger ohplease said...

Oh come on--you're supposed to go into some long-winded parody of The Ethicist here, apply the categorical imperative, yadda yadda.

Although actually, if everyone who accidentally received a Sunday copy of the NYT just ignored it, nothing particularly bad would happen to anyone, so "No" probably is the correct answer...

 
At 11:18 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

well, if you just ignored those sunday papers, they would pile up on your front porch, and eventually block the door so that you wouldn't be able to get out. then you'd be a shut-in, and the meals on wheels people would have to come to your house. and then where would you be? say good-bye to your lovely wine and your lovely cheese, your fig and avocado salad with balsamic vinegar. say hello to unbuttered broccolli, jell-o salad, and salisbury steak with anemic gravy.

 
At 4:32 AM, January 25, 2006, Blogger djpoptart said...

you should sue them for emotional distress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.