Sunday, August 14, 2005

Not to Pressure Wash (for now)



Overnight, I kept thinking about all that water. My siding is so lovely and dry now. All that water...


So, I've got my little blue beltsander friend here, and we'll see how we do.

(Purchasing the sander was, of course, traumatic, because Home Depot had no actual checkstands open, only the self serve, which seems to expect that you can fit your entire purchase in one bag, and won't let you finish ringing in if you move bag #1 off of the bagging rack to make room for bag #2. I think I'm going to take this as Home Depot's passive-aggressive way of communicating that they really don't want me to buy much stuff there. Eventually, I abandoned the self-serve transaction and schlepped my stuff out to the garden area, where there was an actual human.)

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, August 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The suckiness of Home Depot's customer service hardly knows bounds, especially at the new HD in West Seattle, which is just like a real Home Depot, except that they stock less and apparently have even fewer employees. There is but a single reason to visit HD: prices. And then one can feel a bit guilty. For actual service, one wants to visit MacLendon['s], a place smaller than a grocery store but with more employees on the floor than are probably on duty in the entirety of Home Depot's Washington stores.

 
At 12:08 PM, August 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I have that same belt sander. Alas, no technological innovations in the area of sanding save one from having to actually, like, sand. Which is a pain no matter what ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.